Flight Attendants are the face of the airline. As such, they must be reliable and punctual with devotion to providing excellent customer service at all times. The position requires Flight Attendants to maintain a positive, approachable, and accommodating attitude, while delivering extraordinary service to all customers. A successful Flight Attendant must have in-depth knowledge of all safety procedures, service standards and company policies.
* Provide constant attention to our customers, providing them with a safe and reliable onboard experience
* Greet passengers, monitor carry-on baggage and direct passengers to assigned seats
* Ability to remain positive, respectful and understanding during challenging situations and/or passenger conflict
* Maintain physical health and professional appearance standards
* Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all emergency procedures and ability to operate all emergency equipment on board the aircraft
* Explain use of safety equipment to passengers in a clear, concise manner
* Serve beverages, snacks and meals where applicable
* Assist passengers to store carry-on luggage in overhead or under-seat storage
* Inform passengers of federal aviation regulations before push back, during flight and prior to landing
* Perform duties related to unforeseen medical emergencies and special needs passengers, i.e., unaccompanied minors and their paperwork, visually or hearing impaired, language impaired, elderly, physically challenged, etc
* Abide by policies outlined in the Code of Conduct, Employee Handbook, Flight Attendant Manual and Code Share Partner standards
Mesa Air Group offers comprehensive health plans, package, travel benefits, bonuses & much more.
Starting pay for Flight Attendants is: $16.00 per flight hour, increasing to $17.30 after 6 months, and $19.00 after 12 months with annual increases thereafter. Flight hours will be discussed during an information session if you are to move forward in the application process. The average earnings for a Flight Attendant in the first year of employment is approximately $22,000.
Other Compensation Opportunities:
Flight attendants have numerous ways to earn extra income each month including a crash-pad assistance program. Additionally, when Flight Attendants elect not to stay in company provided hotel accommodations, Mesa Airlines will pay a portion of the hotel cost to the Flight Attendant.
A Flight Attendant can earn an additional $500 per month ($6,000 annually) utilizing other compensation opportunities.
The location for this position is based on the operational needs of the company and seniority. Current bases are as follows and are subject to change:
PHX (Phoenix, AZ)
DFW (Dallas, TX)
IAD (Washington, D.C.)
IAH (Houston, TX)
SDF (Louisville, KY)
New hires will be assigned to one of the above bases during training.
INITIAL APPLICATION PROCESS
To be considered for the Flight Attendant position applicants applying must meet the minimum requirements, complete an online application and attach a current resume. Applicants must also complete an online video questionnaire (within the time allotted ) which will be sent to the applicant via email. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applicants we are unable to accept questions via phone; please send all questions to FaRecruiting@mesa-air.com
Mesa Air Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote diversity in the workplace.
* Demonstrate reliability, punctuality and dependability
* Must be at least 19 years old
* A high school diploma or GED; college courses or a degree, as well as customer service experience is preferred
* Authorized to work in the United States
* Willing to relocate based on the company's operation needs
* Able to work nights, weekends, holidays and extended hours
* Possess and maintain a valid passport.
* Applicants must have the authorization to make multiple entries into the United States at will.
* Physically fit in order to pass applicable training programs, including being able to open aircraft doors, lift emergency window exits (approx. 40 lbs.), assist with carry-on luggage stowage, push meal & beverage carts
* Body size cannot exceed specific aircraft dimensions (example: jumpseat, harness without modification, cabin aisle and emergency exits)
* Ability to perform all safety related procedures
* Able to reach in overhead bins and galley compartments to retrieve emergency equipment -height must be between 4'11 and 6' without shoes.
* Be able to successfully complete a background investigation, including FBI fingerprints, criminal history, pre-employment drug test and ongoing drug screens
* Ability to hear, read, writes, and fluently speak and understand the English language
* Minimum 20/40 vision, corrected or uncorrected
* Physically fit, well groomed and practice good hygiene and etiquette
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled