Primary Location : Connecticut-Hartford-81 Retreat Ave HH Core Bldg (10067)
Job : Respiratory
Organization : Hartford Hospital
Job Posting : Mar 11, 2020
Flight Respiratory Therapist - ( 20152997 )
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network as a Flight Respiratory Therapist.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals in New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Flight Respiratory Therapists provide critical care and advanced life support related to respiratory care assessment and procedures to patients on the scene, at receiving or referring hospitals, and during flight operations. Maintains proficiency in the indications and procedures of the following equipment and skills such as: EKG’s, IV (including PIV/EJ and adult/pedi IO), NGT/OGT insertion, pacing/defibrillation, needle decompression, combi-tube insertion, intubation, LMA and surgical cricothyroidotomy, Intra Aortic Balloon Pump, central line insertion, pericardiocentesis, isolette, IVAC IV Infusion Pump, cardiac monitor (EKG, pacing/defibrillator use). Participates in the safety of helicopter operations such as assist the pilot in the navigation of the aircraft and the utilization of the radios during flight operations. Documentation of the patient care rendered by the flight crew and complete debriefing for each flight.
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred from an AMA approved Respiratory Therapy program.
- Must have a minimum of 36 months post graduate critical care experience in a tertiary center.
- Licensed as a Respiratory Care practitioner by the State of CT.
- Certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
- CT EMT-A or CT Paramedic License required. If CT EMT-A, must obtain paramedic license within 2 years of hire.
- ACLS and PALS certifications required, NRP within 1 year of hire.
- Must pass initial and subsequent annual physical, including vision, hearing, fitness, and lifting standards, as mandated by the Medical Director of Occupational Health.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Standard Hours Per Week : 36
Schedule : Part-time (2 - 39 hours)
Shift Details : Day / Night rotation. Weekend and holiday commitment required.