Float Pharmacist Full Time - Twin Cities, MN | 105811
Job PostingFeb 25, 2019
Primary LocationMinnesota-Inver Grove Heights
Provide prompt, efficient, and friendly customer service. Efficiently manage the operations of the Pharmacy. Ensure accurate prescription dispensing and appropriate consultation. Supervise pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, grad interns, and clerks in compliance with federal and state legislation as well as store policies and procedures.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provides prompt, efficient, and friendly customer service through execution of patient care standards.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner.
- Genuinely thanks each customer and invites them to return.
- Assists customers by:
- Escorting them to the products they are looking for (when possible).
- Making appropriate OTC recommendations.
- Securing products that are out of reach.
- Performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Takes all steps required to fill prescriptions in compliance with all laws, regulations, physician orders, and company policies and procedures regarding the sale of pharmaceuticals including:
- Retrieves the correct and accurate product.
- Counts, pours, or measures out the required quantity according to established company methods and procedures.
- Affixes the label permanently to the container.
- Performs a final audit of the prescription.
- Offers advice and professional consultation in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Actively endorses and participates in all clinical program offerings.
- Meets all requirements of and maintains status as a Certified Immunizer.
- Responds to telephone requests from customers, physicians, and vendors, which require the expertise of a pharmacist.
- Communicates and cooperates in a professional manner with peers, subordinates, managers, physicians, and customers in all pharmacy related areas.
- Ensures timely implementation of company policies, procedures, and programs, and enforces professional and operational standards including compliance and legal regulations.
- Maintains all state and federal record keeping for controlled substances.
- Supervises all pharmacy staff in accordance with federal and state law while working in the pharmacy.
- Follows all laws and company procedures regarding Medicare, Medicaid, and other third party insurance plans, and participates in audits as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Responsible for HIPAA compliance and dispensing of over the counter drugs by law.
- Accesses the pharmacy computer to obtain complete patient record (on both cash and third party prescriptions) and verifies third party plan parameters.
- Orders product from distribution center or other appropriate source as necessary.
- Stocks pharmacy product orders to specific bay locations.
- Trains pharmacy technicians and abides by state regulations regarding technician training and licensure.
- Maintains inventory levels to company goals, rotates stock, and utilizes RX return process.
- Bags all products, affixes receipt to the bag and places company stickers on items that are not in bags.
- If a drive-thru pharmacy, able to operate microphone and drive-thru box.
- Maintains strict adherence to company guidelines related to personal hygiene, dress code, and Department Appearance Standards (DAS).
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Job Functions
- Knows the location of general over the counter merchandise.
- Files paper and keeps pharmacy equipment and area clean and organized.
- Ensures that bags and vials are replenished, and that trash is removed and floor is swept.
- Attends company meetings for purposes of training, coordinating plans, and communicating policies and procedures.
- Regularly accesses and reviews all company communication and responds in a professional and timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager, Store Director, Pharmacy District Manager and District Manager.
- Maintains standards in the absence of the Pharmacy Manger.
- Participates in all company sponsored programs.
- Must have a college degree in Pharmacy (BS or PharmD).
- Must pass the NAPLEX.
- Must pass the state MPJE.
- Must hold a valid state license.
- Must complete continuing education hours as required by law.
- Must complete all required state, federal, and company training programs (i.e. HIPAA, CDR, I-pledge, etc).
- Ability to do simple addition, subtraction, copying figures, counting, and recording.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow written, verbal, or demonstrated instructions.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet with perception and field of vision.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and time, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Why Work for SUPERVALU Pharmacies?
SUPERVALU Pharmacies focus on meaningful patient relationships, exceptional pharmacy teams, effective use of technology and clinical programs. We provide an environment that allows our pharmacists to offer exceptional patient care and build relationships in our communities. Advance your pharmacy career with a variety of clinical, management, operations and support services opportunities at over 100 locations.
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of over 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!