Position SummaryTexas Oncology is looking for a full-time Float Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team! This position is for the Austin Midtown location, located at 901 W. 38th St., Suite 200, Austin, TX 78705. Texas Oncology is the largest community oncology provider in the country and has approximately 600+ providers in 220+ sites across Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered community-based cancer care because they believed in making the best available cancer care accessible to all communities, allowing people to fight cancer at home with the critical support of family and friends nearby. Our mission is still the same today—at Texas Oncology, we use leading-edge technology and research to deliver high-quality, high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our patients achieve “More breakthroughs. More victories.” ® in their fight against cancer. Today, Texas Oncology treats half of all Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual basis.
The ideal candidate for the Registered Nurse (RN) II will have the following background and experience:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred.
- 3-7 years of RN experience, preferably in oncology.
- Oncology RN experience strongly preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer is preferred.
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state.
- Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac and Life Support) certification required.
What does the Registered Nurse (RN) do?
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Must recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of care and participates in companywide quality initiatives. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Assess and monitors therapy of patients using appropriate technical skills under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central venous access devices and alternate delivering systems.
- Triages patient phone calls and portal messages.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching.
- Assists with procedures as requested.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
33.63 - 43.63 /hourWhat is this?