Voca Health has immediate openings available for Float Support RN professionals in Burnsville, MN!
- Maintains current assessment and documentation of tenant/resident health status.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments per the applicable Minnesota home care regulations and Nurse Practice Act. Ensures RN Assessment is completed at least once per year and when there is a change in health condition.
- Works with resident and/or responsible party through collaboration, education and timely communication to ensure appropriate service and placement.
- Assures that tenants/residents have up-to-date service agreements and care plans. Implements service agreements with new tenant/residents. Reviews and updates service agreements at least once per year and more frequently when there is a change in service needs.
- Develops, maintains, and implements individual emergency plans based on health status and Advance Care Planning documents, including POLST.
- Maintains clinical charts and progress notes using computerized documentation system.
- Communicates changes in tenant/resident conditions to medical and other relevant individuals.
- Coordinates tenant/resident health services.
- Facilitates coordination of services with internal and external providers.
- Assures that all physician orders are signed and implemented per the applicable Minnesota home care regulations.
- Works with resident and/or representative(s) to assure delivery of appropriate services and funding.
- Manages and oversees medication and treatment administration.
- Assures medications and supplies are ordered in a timely manner.
- Assures medication and treatment practitioner orders are renewed at least annually and as necessary when there is change in medication and/or treatment. Minnesota home care regulations will be followed in obtaining and implementing practitioner orders.
- Assures medi boxes, bubble packs, and/or syringes are filled per medication orders/changes for medication administration by designated staff.
- Assures that all medication administration procedures are correctly followed. Takes appropriate action with staff regarding any problems or issues.
- Assures accuracy of medication and treatment records, including documentation of administration and appropriate signatures.
- Monitors work and performance of licensed and unlicensed staff.
- Meets with staff to coordinate care and address care issues.
- Plans and assigns/delegates work to staff within established guidelines.
- Interviews, trains, and orients new employees as directed.
- Assists and supports staff to complete assignments as needed.
- Assists Director of Health Services (DHS) in monitoring and evaluation of staff performance.
- Schedules and completes Supervisory Visits.
- Complies with Federal, State and Local Laws.
- Assists DHS in scheduling activities that support efficient and effective utilization of staff as needed.
- Performs any other duties as delegated by Director of Health Services.
- Support DHS to act as RN on call during scheduled times.
- Answers calls and gathers information related to assisted living community residents health and safety.
- Takes action as appropriate to the situation.
- Work collaboratively with indentified internal and external support providers.
- Actions taken may require phone directives and/or traveling to the assisted living community to resolve the situation.
- Reports to the DHS and/ or Executive Director if further follow up is needed.
- Minimum qualifications required to fulfill position requirements:
- Vocational/Technical Training or Associate Degree
- Bachelor Degree – Nursing – preferred
- MN license
- Current CPR Certification
- None to one year required
- One to three years preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Proficient in Eldermark Computer Documentation Software – preferred
- Prior supervisory experience – preferred
- Prior experience in home care or assisted living environment - preferred
- Ability to interact effectively and empathetically with tenants/residents.
- Nursing assessment and documentation skills.
- Knowledge of Minnesota home care licensure law and Nurse Practice Act.
- High-level communication skills— verbal and written.
- Ability to interact effectively with physicians and other providers.
- Knowledge of reimbursement alternatives and supports.
- Knowledge of medication administration and treatment related policies and procedures.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Supervisory and teaching skills.
- Knowledge of delegation and assignment guidelines per Nurse Practice Act.
- Knowledge of policies related to Federal, State and Local laws.
- Knowledge of accepted staffing practices for quality and financial impact.
- Ability to clearly communicate with care attendants.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of Minnesota home care regulations and Nurse Practice Act.
- Ability to travel to assisted living site at unscheduled hours.
- 32 hours/week, overnight
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work