Oh hi! You clicked here because teaching children is your passion, right? Well great… because we want to fill our centers with teachers who love teaching (aka… you.)
Have you ever heard the expression, “It’s like herding cats”? Well teaching children is way more fun than cats! BUT! You do have to…
…Have the ability to receive hugs from each child in the class… at once (while also managing the feelings of the kiddo who didn’t get to hug you first.)
…Be able to read hilarious kid stories that make no sense. On repeat. While they try to steal it from you. Or eat it.
…Simultaneously be able to sing Frozen songs, help clean up toys, hand out snacks, and help a child draw on the paper (instead of the wall).
Think you can do that? Well then… read on.
Alright, you’ve read this far… let’s talk the deets.
- Can you pass a background check? Great- that’s important!
- CPR/First Aid? You’re going to need that.
- Do you have at least your high school diploma or GED? Check that off the list.
- Do you have experience working with children? Sweet!
- Education Requirements:
o A love for working with children is a MUST.
o We’d love for you to have your Bachelors’ degree.
o An Early Childhood Degree or a CDA would be even better!
The best part? Here at Yellow Brick Road, we are not just dedicated to growing our family with amazing kiddos to teach, but also to help you grow in every stage of your life and career!
We pride ourselves on the fact that we hire for attitude… not necessarily abilities. That means that we can totally help you learn to rock it in a child development center, if your passion and drive is there!
So even if you can’t meet everything on that checklist, come talk to us. You might just be the missing Yellow Brick to our Road.
Come join the YBR family. Trust me, you know you want to.
Why Work With Us (Besides the fact that we are AWESOME):
- We believe teachers are the heart of our program- so we pay you like it. Not only do we pay an average of $1-2 more than those other guys, but we ALSO give you awesome PTO, super cool training opportunities, and we help you grow both within the company and your community!
- Our owners are onsite- and they are hilarious. They love to randomly show up and laugh with you, bring treats, and see all of the awesome things you’re doing at the center. They never see you as a number (you’re no longer “Employee 35829”), but rather they know you by name, and I guarantee you they would love to talk about your pets’ names too.
- Our PTO and Benefits options are phenomenal. We know it’s a weird world out there- so let us help cover you. (Cue “Into the Unknown”) We offer great vacation and sick leave, and you can always get to the doctor, dentist, or to retirement with these benefit plans.
- We LOVE to learn! We don’t just train AT you either, we learn WITH you. Have some cool ideas or a fun hobby? Teach us! Let’s make it a fun environment full of learning and
laughs! We want you to be yourself, and teach us too!
- You get to love your job. You play, laugh, learn, and hang out with awesome little humans all day long. I mean, what could be better?
- We give you the cool tools to build lessons (Teaching Strategies Gold), but the creative freedom to make it your own! Be yourself. Draw on interests that will make your day go by faster than you realize! Get messy! (And don’t you worry about supplies… we’ve got you covered.)