Floor Care Technician - ANTHC/ANMC Primary Care (Night-Shift)-AK 00218
Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients’ expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
The Floor CareTechnician position provides a broad variety of cleaning projects and services required to maintain the cleanliness and efficiency of various commercial/industrial facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans and maintains a wide variety of floors using specialized professional cleaning methods appropriate to the situation.
- Completes such specialized cleaning tasks as floor stripping and waxing, floor buffing, and heavy duty carpet cleaning, etc.
- Will have to be able to work around harsh chemicals, strippers, wax, baseboard cleaners, etc. (you will be provided proper PPE and training).
- Removes trash from various departments and dispose of them in appropriate areas.
- May also clean, stock, sweep, mop, sanitize or vacuum offices, public areas, hallways, stairs, lobbies, closets, copy rooms or other work areas as assigned.
- May assist in laundry and/or linen removal.
- Promotes and adheres to strict safety guidelines, utilizing proactive methods.
- Adhere to all safety policies, requirements and training.
- Uses proper PPE (i.e gloves and safety glasses or face masks) while using cleaning solutions and chemicals for the job tasks.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5year’s experiencethat demonstrates a working knowledge of cleaning processes and equipment and involvement in or intermediate knowledge of corporate safety programs.
- Must be able to use a variety of floor care equipment, extractors, riding extractors and floor scrubbers, auto scrubbers, etc.
- The ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, callouts, etc.
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
Level One:An individual is ineligible to work in any position that has Regular Contact With or Control over Children, Dependent Adults or Vulnerable Persons if the individual has been convicted of:
- One or more felonies and/or two or more misdemeanors of Crimes Against Persons and/or Crimes of Violence.
- Any Crime against a Child, Dependent Adult or Vulnerable person, regardless of its classification as a felony, misdemeanor, or other type of offense.
- Any Sex Crime, regardless of its classification as a felony, misdemeanor, or other type of offense.
- Certain positions may require a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS’ vehicle insurance policy.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Noise level: Loud
Office conditions: Pace of work environment: Slow
Customer Interaction: Low
Description of environment: Hospital patient lodging
Frequently required to walk and stand. Occasionally required to lift. Rarely required to pull and push.
Physical requirements: Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to Fill:Sep 24, 2019