Job Req ID: 196787
Position Number: 00148783
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 7a-3:30p with rotating weekends
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Environmental Services
Location: Atrium Health Cleveland
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Responsible for routine cleaning of floors, carpets, walls, assigned project work, and general cleaning tasks. Maintains an acceptable standard of cleanliness in linen rooms, trash rooms, collection containers and dock area, as well as all entrances under shelters and courtyard of the facilities.
- Supplies all units and departments with clean linen. Collects soiled linen, trash and regulated waste from holding areas.
- Vacuums, dust mops and wet mops corridors, elevators, cafeteria and public areas.
- Extracts and spot cleans carpets using the approved systems. Mops, strips, burnishes, buffs and refinishes hard surface floors.
- Cleans elevators and elevator tracks. Cleans windows, walls, shower tile, as assigned.
- Assists in cleaning patient rooms, offices, and therapy areas.
- Changes out and rehangs cubicle curtains as needed.
- Replenishes housekeeping supplies, moves furniture, sets up special functions and meetings.
- Reports to manager or supervisor daily to receive list of assigned projects.
- Transfers linen to all departments in a timely manner.
- Sorts all unused clean linen and restocks clean linen.
Work involves prolonged periods of walking, standing and lifting of materials, equipment and furniture weighing up to 75 pounds. Must be able to hear and comprehend instructions. Visual acuity necessary to operate equipment, mix chemicals and inspect surfaces. Motor skills required for operating equipment and moving materials through heavily traveled or confined spaces. Based on the physical requirements for this position all applicants for this position are required to undergo a physical ability test as a condition of employment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer