The Floor Support position will set up and stage mail, transport mail and supplies to a designated location to facilitate movement of mail and parcels throughout the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transport mail located in blue bins and or large cardboard box up to 60” tall (Gaylords) throughout the terminal, to designated area, using a pallet jack or other transport equipment
- Set-up and stage mail and parcels in designated area
- Duties may include reassignment to alternate operational areas as business needs require
- Essential duties are not necessarily exhaustive and may be supplemented or otherwise revised by DHL at its sole discretion
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School or equivalent training and/or least 6 months related experience preferred
- Understand and carry out oral instructions
- Understand standardized math processes, e.g., count, addition and subtraction
- Operate pallet jacks
- Operate non-power hand tools such as hammers, wrenches, etc.
- Frequently walk throughout the warehouse in order to move the mail and parcels to proper location within terminal
- Frequently push/pull mail and parcels weighing up to 50 pounds, which may include frequent bending, lifting, pushing and pulling
- This is a warehouse environment where frequently this position will be exposed to cold, hot and changing temperatures; will constantly experience noise at medium level not damaging or loud enough to require protective equipment; will frequently be exposed to dust, dirt and changes in lighting
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / DISABILITY / VET