South Lake Hospital is centrally located in Clermont, Florida, which combines the appeal of suburban life with easy access to Orlando, all of the major theme parks, and beautiful beaches on both coasts. At South Lake Hospital, our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities in South Lake County. Our 160-acre health, wellness, and education campus provides a complete continuum of quality care. With 170 beds, and more than 1,500 employees, we offer a variety of medical services including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology, women's services, and our cardiac catheterization laboratory.
* Responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of hard surfaced floors, carpeting, walls, windows, stairwells, elevators, automatic door tracks and baseboards, to include but not limited to: dust mopping, damp mopping, stripping and refinishing, carpet extraction, carpet bonneting, spotting, and vacuuming in both patient and non-patient areas as required with emphasis on first impression areas throughout the facility.
* Essential Functions
* Adheres to all Orlando Health Standards of Behavior, exhibit excellent customer service skills, and functions in a cohesive team environment.
* Responsible for cleaning spills as necessary, installing/removing curtains, moving furniture, equipment and other items as required such as linen carts, garbage receptacles, and other items as needed.
* Reports defective or unsafe equipment to the appropriate department and is responsible for transporting broken items to the appropriate designated locations so as to expedite repairs.
* Takes a proactive approach to maintaining the identified patient and non-patient areas that need attention in order to be compliant with all mandated and regulatory agency requirements.
* Maintains work area in a safe manner by utilizing appropriate safety systems to protect patients, guests, and team members.
* Maintains equipment in a clean and functional condition at all times.
* Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
* Adheres to all Standards of Precaution, SDS and Hand Hygiene directives.
* Completes patient room cleaning processes utilizing the 7-Step cleaning method when functioning and performing Environmental Housekeeper duties.
* To achieve a Superior Facility Image, this position is responsible for the cleaning and disinfecting of patient rooms, and ancillary areas to include, but not limited to bathrooms, public areas, corridors, medication storage rooms as directed by licensed clinical staff and any other areas that may require attention using designated and appropriate chemicals and cleaning procedures.
* Collects and disposes of regular and bio-medical waste.
* Must complete all mandatory training as designated and required.
* Attendance of in-services as required.
* Participates in departmental quality assurance and improvement activities as appropriate.
* Must be able to maintain productivity and volume standards established for the assigned facility.
* Keeps current with all policies and procedures of the hospital and the department.
* Willing to participate in other related duties not directly assigned.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Possesses the necessary skills to read and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers, write simple correspondence, and respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
* Must have good working knowledge and be capable of accessing and using all department related computer systems, such as but not limited to, the Tele-Tracking programs that include Bed Tracking and Service Response where applicable.
Must complete required mandatory educational training.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled