This position will be located across Naval District Washington (Washington, South Potomac, Patuxent River, Annapolis).
Position cleans and maintains appearance of all flooring surfaces throughout the facility in accordance with standard procedures of the housekeeping department and with hospital objectives. Assigned areas may include patient rooms, nursing units, surgical areas, administrative offices, laboratory areas, waiting areas, hallways, and public restrooms.
- Performs sweeping, mopping, stripping and refinishing of hard flooring surfaces following standard operating procedures.
- Vacuums and scrubs carpeted surfaces following standard operating procedure.
- Moves furniture and other objects as needed in order to complete floor care and returns all moved items to their original place upon completion.
- Monitors supply and requests additional cleaning solutions as needed.
- Ensures all floor machines are kept clean and in proper working condition.
- Handles various types of cleaning chemicals in compliance with established guidelines and utilizing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Reports any conditions requiring maintenance attention or repair to immediate supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a floor technician.
- Working knowledge of all types of flooring surfaces, appropriate care, and proper use of chemicals and equipment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow detailed instructions in English.
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility. Physical demands include intermittent sitting, standing, walking, bending and lifting. stooping, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, reaching, and other use of hands; occasional lifting up to 50 lbs. and moving of furniture required.
- Operation of motorized equipment, such as floor stripping, buffing and deep cleaning machines.
- Occasional exposure to chemicals such as cleaning solutions; minimal exposure to blood and other bodily fluids.
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)