JOIN THE TEAM THAT’S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we’re driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis, IN for a Fluid Engineer.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward!
The Fluid Engineer, is responsible for overseeing, managing and directing the day to day operation and ensuring that the Plants Chemical needs are met. Be efficient, reliable, and responsible at all times, meeting management requirements.
- Work and communicate with management and internal customers to assure compliance to federal, state, local and Allison restrictions and requirements. Issue reports on chemical process and equipment analysis and testing. Prepare, execute, analyze, and report on chemical experiments in the laboratory. Support engineers and chemists in the research, development, implementation, and improvement of chemical processes and equipment. Maintain and clean laboratory equipment.
- Plan and schedule chemical, safety and processing related meetings, programs and projects in accordance with Allison policies and procedures.
- Must represent Allison Management's position with the workforce and customer base.
- Complete work assignments within budget, manpower and timing constraints.
- Produce quality, financial, and performance reports per the Allison system.
- Communicate well with internal customers when required to solve problems and to know and understand customer needs.
- Implements and actively supports the plant and corporate safety policies and initiatives
- Provide a physical presence in the workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training and technical experience.
- Must have effective oral and written skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of industrial machining processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of and the ability to ensure a safe industrial work environment.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex.
- Adhere to corporate policies.
- Must be willing to work any assigned shift and work daily, weekend and holiday overtime as required.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- 3 years of experience in Chemical Engineering.
- Proficiency with MAXIMO preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP and how to extract chemical information preferred.
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any of the careers information, please contact us at 317-242-5000.
Please note that Allison Transmission will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Allison Transmission will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Indiana Plant 3