Ensures each guest is properly greeted. The Food and Beverage Cashier operates and manages the POS system including all monetary/credit transactions. Initial contact to our guest, is prompt, friendly, and courteous by performing the following duties. Must be willing to work weekends, nights and holidays
- Provides constant, attentive and friendly service to guests.
- Greets and escorts guests to tables.
- Provides menus to guests.
- Helps bus tables in buffet as needed.
- Tracks and records coupons.
- Follows proper procedures for redeeming comps, coupons and gift certificates.
- Relays any complaints, problems or positive remarks to Shift Manager or Shift Supervisor.
- Maintains assigned workstation and section.
- Attends and passes a written test from TipS program.
- Maintains a hospitable and team atmosphere with fellow staff.
- Sells alcohol beverages to our guests, following TipS guidelines.
- Inspects buffet for neatness and cleanliness, and requisitions other dining room supplies for tables and serving stations.
- Operates POS system, balances and reconciles cash and credit card transactions, and follow proper procedures for closing and balancing tills.
- Totals receipts, at end of shift, to verify sales and clears cash register.
- Follow established departmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Minimum 21 years of age and slip resistant shoes.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred and three months related experience and/or training. Must have previous experience with Point of Sale (POS) system. Candidate must have previous customer service and cash handling experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Gaming license issued by the Paskenta Gaming Commission. TipS certification as trained at Rolling Hills Casino.
Obtain Food handler’s card as provided by Rolling Hills Casino. Must obtain Title 31 certification as trained by Rolling Hills Casino.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to tobacco smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties, responsibilities and requirements pertaining to this job are subject to change, as needed.