The Food & Beverage Server position is responsible for greeting and serving members and guests in assigned food & beverage venues ensuring a quality member experience with the highest level of member and guest satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Reports to work on time and in proper uniform
- Completes assigned set up and break down side work
- Attends pre-shift line-up to receive daily information
- Provide immediate attention to members and guests upon seating
- Assist children in seating
- Distributes appropriate menus, answering questions and delivering food and alcohol knowledge
- Ensures correct member names and numbers are inputted for accurate billing
- Efficiently serves food and beverages in a friendly and courteous manner, offering suggestions
- Assembles food/beverages on trays with appropriate instruments, garnishes and dressings
- Properly serves and clears food and beverages according to club standards of service
- Checks back to ensure member/guest satisfaction
- Removes soiled dishes and glassware, replacing silverware as necessary
- Presents coffee, cordial, and dessert offerings
- Properly communicates with management on issues with food and/or service
- Presents the bill, offering a fond farewell; accurately inputs any promotions or comps
- Completes and turns in shift summary with all tickets in order and signed by member
- Assist in keeping all dining and service areas clean and organized throughout service
- Follows all club, state and federal policies, standards, and laws regarding service of alcohol to members and their guests
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor or other department heads
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum of one year of experience in fine dining food and beverage service;
- Private club experience a plus.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, CORE COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Knowledgeable about the menu, cocktails, beer and wine offerings, and upcoming member events
- Excellent verbal communication skills and active listening skills Ability to accurate record food & beverage orders and deliver to guests
- Ability to properly time the service of each course to ensure a quality dining experience
- Ability to connect with members by name Follows all food & beverage health safety guidelines and alcohol service protocols
- Ability to become ServSafe certified
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Must be able to move about the dining room to service guests
- Continuous repetitive motions
- Requires carrying of trays at shoulder level weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of items up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional pushing and pulling of items up to 50 lbs.
Greenville Country Club management has designed this job description to present the key duties and requirements necessary to achieve the job's results. It is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add, or delete the functions of this position at any time.