Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Food Production Cook to:
- Prepare large volumes of food with a high level of complexity, variety and quality. Prepare entrees, sandwiches, soups, starches, vegetables, sauces, and desserts for general diets and modified diets.
- Assess quality and condition of ingredients used in food production.
- Prepare food production reports.
- Train employees and students in food production techniques.
- Inspect the production to assure that proper food handling and sanitation standards are observed.
- Monitor supplies, food, and materials and request additional supplies as needed.
- Keep temperature records, record waste, write production requirements and prepare reports when required.
Minimum - High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred - Associates degree in Culinary, Hospitality, or Nutrition.
Minimum - One year experience in high volume food production setting.
Preferred - Two years’ experience in high volume food production setting.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - ServSafe certification required within 6 months of hire.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Employee is expected to communicate effectively by sending, receiving and responding to information ensuring high level of patient and customer satisfaction.
- Employee must have ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Employee is expected to follow UW Health Work Rules, department dress code, sanitation, and safety work standards.
- Employee is expected to offer excellent customer service by being courteous, positive and sensitive to patient, guest, and staff needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications including understanding of English language.
- Ability to perform simple math calculations.
- Ability to work scheduled shifts.
- Employee must be able to quickly problem-solve, make decisions, direct staff and work independently in absence of supervisor.
- Employee must be able to properly prepare and cook a wide range of foods including entrees, sandwiches, soups, starches, vegetables, sauces, and desserts.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
This is a 40 hours per week, vacation relief position. Hours and days will vary based on the operational needs of the department.
UW Health at The American Center – on Madison’s east side – is UW Health’s newest hospital and one of the most advanced hospitals and wellness centers in the country. Here, health care is seen as a holistic endeavor where our mission is to not only diagnose and treat you when you’re sick, but also to partner with you in health and wellness.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.