Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc.Learn more atwww.aramark.comor connect with us onFacebookandTwitter.
The Food Production Supervisor supervises inmate workers to ensure that meal and food items are prepared in accordance with production plans. Trains workers in methods of performing duties and assigns/coordinates work to promote efficiency of operations, along with sanitation of the facility and maintaining personal safety. May requisition supplies and equipment to maintain inventory levels. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Conducts and/or attends daily shift huddles to communicate daily operational priorities, safety and security briefs
- Supports daily schedules (if applicable), work areas, and assignments for inmates and/or Aramark food service workers and cooks
- Supervises preparation and serving of meals while ensuring proper portion and special dietary requirements
- Trains and guides inmates and staff on job duties, proper food safety and sanitation procedures, cooking methods, etc.
- Oversees the completion of tasks
- Reviews monthly menu, conducts inventory, and ensures that the appropriate product is ordered
- Adheres to security procedures to facilitate the safety of yourself and others including ensuring that all kitchen tools and equipment are returned to their designated secure area
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards customers, clients, and co-workers
- Instills and monitors clean as you go culture with all assigned workers
- Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- Completes production paperwork and/or sanitation paperwork essential to be in compliance with Aramark and facility procedures
- Ensures security of company assets
- Communicates skillfully both written and verbally
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Minimum of one (1) year of food prep or related work preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Previous experience interacting with inmates a plus
- Ability to motivate and supervise inmates and/or team members to attain quality and quantity of food production in a correctional work environment
- Must be able to obtain a food safety certification
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to exercise good judgment and tact
- Must be able to follow basic safety procedures and policies
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling up to 25 lbs
- Must qualify for and maintain correctional facility security clearance
- Works for central production of meals for three adult facilities and may help at Juvenile Hall as directed by Management.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran