Responsible for ensuring that our food products meet standards set by both the companies and regulatory authorities. Develop and review quality and safety policies and manage audits by third-party inspectors. Train quality assurance employees and oversee manufacturing and production processes. Find the root cause of issues and initiates improvement.
Job Duties of a Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager
As part of their daily duties, food quality assurance manager will meet with other supervisors and inspect facilities for compliance with standards, determining methods to resolve any issues that arise. Review customer feedback and respond to any complaints. Managers prepare reports on food quality status to relay to owners and upper-level management and keep records of all tests and inspections that have been conducted.
Food quality assurance managers must be knowledgeable about all food safety standards that are customary within the food industry and mandated by government regulations. Common standards managers are expected to be familiar with include the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) management system required by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the standards set by the Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI).
· Must be an SQF Certified Practitioner. Experience developing, implementing and maintaining SQF program.
. Must have PCQI Certification.
· Must be HACCP certified or possess a high level of HACCP knowledge. Experience writing, implementing and maintaining HACCP plans
· Have excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong computer skills including use of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Ability to analyze and make decisions
· Energetic, flexible and have the ability to work alone and in a team environment
· Experience working in an FDA regulated industry
· Experience working in the food manufacturing industry as a Quality Manager
· BS degree in Food Science is preferred to 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance, Food Safety or a related field
· Submitting and implementing corrective action plans and SOPs
· Good Manufacturing Practices Audits (GMP Audits)
· Food quality and safety documentation and reporting
· Experience dealing with regulatory agencies (i.e. USDA) and auditors
· Bilingual English / Spanish Preferred
Skills & Abilities:
· Strong leadership skills
· Strong verbal and written English communication skills
· Strong implementation and execution skills
· Good organizational and planning skills
· Ability to be reliable, personable, and productive within a team environment