The QA Technician is responsible for ensuring product safety and quality while working within a lab environment.
Must be able to maintain a high degree of ethical standards in a highly professional environment. Must be “hands on”, and be able to “clean as you go”, maintain a sterile working environment.
· Ensures product being produced is exact to standard and within specification if any deviations are found they must be immediately reported to QA Manager and/or Production Supervisor.
· Must be able to take direction and follow instructions from quality assurance manager, and when needed, plant manager or general manager.
· Must be able to fill out all necessary paperwork that correlates to the lab and testing methodology, must maintain scientific integrity at all times in relation to filling out controlled documents and all lab paperwork.
· Must be familiar with all packaging and product specifications, being able to recognize items being produced and remember product specs/information.
· Reject product that does not meet required specifications, must be able to learn all procedures in relation to putting a product on “HOLD” or placing it in “Rework”.
· Communicate with production employees on any known product deviations occurring while work is in process.
· Verify allergen safety procedures are being followed and lines are clean and sanitary (when applicable).
· Communicate all rework and hold issues with QA manager.
· Able to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to food safety and quality of product, processes, quality systems, or safety systems.
· Must be able to work under high-stress levels at times, and work with FDA, Department of Health, SQF auditors on an “as needed” basis. Must be able to attain DOH certification through Company Quality Dept. Must understand CCP, CQP, and SQF Principles.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Prior experience working in a lab environment for food manufacturer is recommended.
HS diploma required.
College degree preferred; in or related to food science, biology, or chemistry is highly desirable.
Experience with 3M testing procedures, plating and swabbing a plus.
Fully bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to our policy of providing equal employment opportunity to employees and job applicants in a manner consistent with applicable laws and regulations, including federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or genetic information.