QUALITY MANAGER -Frozen Dessert Manufacturing
At Brothers International Desserts, the Quality Manager oversees the production of manufacturing, sanitation and housekeeping operations. In close coordination with the management team, this individual works to manage direct reports to ensure the quality, consistency and improvement of all ice cream production. Quality Manager will also play a hands-on role in production, new process equipment, new product development and inspection activities. Candidate must share Brother’s International Desserts commitment to safety, quality, collaboration, business ethics and continuous improvement. This position currently manages a staff of approximately 14 persons. Supervise subordinates including performance reviews and disciplinary reports when necessary. The Quality Manager must ensure coverage for all locations on all shifts as well as managing time and attendance.
- Uphold consumer and employee safety, while maintaining brand integrity.
- Maintain and enforce Food Safety Plans and allergen program.
- Responsible for SQF certification process and achievement of SQF certification.
- Oversee and manage the quality, sanitation and housekeeping departments, approximately 14 staff and 3 direct reports.
- Function as the Preventative Controls Qualified Individual in maintaining and improving the Food Safety Plans & programs.
- Work with auditors that represent 3rd-party, USDA, Kosher, Organic & Orange County Wastewater District.
- Maintain food safety status though audit programs, such as Silliker, SQF, Organic, Kosher & FDA.
- Track & trend all Environmental Monitoring Data, Finished Product Micro Data, CAPA’s & quality data to improve supply-chain, sanitation, production process and allergen programs.
- Working with maintenance to improve sanitary design of processing equipment.
- Responsible for developing & engaging the team and promoting new recruitment.
- Other duties as assigned.
New Product Development Responsibilities:
- Work with management staff and sales on new concepts.
- Generate & finalize all nutritional, and labeling information.
- Work with 3rd-party retailers, & co-packers to produce their product in our facility.
- Interact with production, purchasing, warehouse & maintenance to bring a new concept from idea to finished goods.
- Bachelor’s Degree requiredin biology, chemistry, microbiology or food technology preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in food manufacturing.
- Minimum of 8 years in a Supervisory role.
- Detail oriented and organized; work on multiple projects concurrently, set priorities and follows through.
- Must be able to work on several projects at a time, to meet the needs of a rapidly changing environment.
- Work autonomously with little supervision.
- Knowledge of laboratory instrument maintenance and calibration.
- Internal, 2nd & 3rd party audits.
- Risk Assessment & Process Change Control.
- FDA Compliance
- Statistical Process Control & Process Improvement.
- SQF Practitioner.
- HACCP Certified.
- Spanish Speaking, a plus.
- Global food safety experience a plus.
This position may require standing for periods of time, working frequently in production and warehouse spaces, areas which may cold/hot/wet. Areas in production canemit loud noises, are fast-paced and contain chemicals. Some spaces to inspect are narrow. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
EEO & EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY
Brothers Desserts is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Brothers Desserts also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Brothers Desserts is an E-Verify employer.