Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry farmers in the United States, Canada and Chile, who have helped preserve the family farming way of life for generations. The cooperative’s cranberries are currently featured in more than a thousand great-tasting, good-for-you products in over 100 countries worldwide. With more than 2,000 employees and nearly 20 receiving and processing facilities, Ocean Spray is committed to managing our business in a way that respects our communities, colleagues and the environment.
Ocean Spray believes that our colleagues are our best assets and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative and passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world. If you are looking for a rewarding career where you can Grow, Own, Live and Drive your career every day, Ocean Spray is for you!
We are currently looking for a Food Safety and Quality Manager to join the Corporate Quality Team. This position is responsible for leading the global program for certifications and requirements for Identity of Preserved foods for Organic, Kosher, Halal, BE/non-GMO and other claims as well as managing the Food Safety and Quality Assurance policies and contributing to the overall Food Safety and Quality programs.
A Day in the Life of a Food Safety & Quality Manager:
- Assures effective execution of Ocean Spray policies regarding Identity of Preserved Foods (such as Organic, BE, Kosher, and Halal).
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate certification agencies and audit readiness.
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining Food Safety/QA documentation so that the policies are up-to-date and technically-sound.
- Leads food safety initiatives for compliance with regulations with a strong emphasis on preventive measures.
- Performs food safety risk assessment and implements mitigation strategies
- Develops and implements improvement projects in the key areas of responsibility.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or a related science. A Master’s or Ph.D. degree is preferred.
- Candidates should have 7-10 years of experience working in food safety and quality assurance roles within a food/beverage company.
- Practical experience and knowledge of the National Organic Program and other programs and certification requirements for Identity Preserved Foods.
- Experience leading food safety programs.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of microbiological, physical and chemical hazards to be able to implement preventive measures.
- Knowledge and experience of current Food Safety regulations and Global Food Safety initiatives.
- Auditing experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and be able to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Good technical writing skills to develop and improve policies and procedures.
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement SPC knowledge is a plus.
- This position requires travel to manufacturing facilities approximately 25% of the time.
- Travel includes international travel.