The Food Safety & Quality (FSQ) Product Management team is a newly created team within the SPNO Platform. We will be leveraging the expertise of existing Pet employees in the Dry and Wet Product Management roles. This Product Manager role will serve as the primary lead on “as designed” and “as consumed” food safety, regulatory, and quality supporting the Pet Treats business.
FSQ Product managers interact closely with the business and technical teams as a champion of consumer first product design and quality as manufactured through the product lifecycle. This role supports products which are manufactured internally and externally across a variety of technology platforms. This requires expertise around quality and food safety programs and close partnership with operations, manufacturing FSQ, XQM and Regulatory.
- Ensure food safety and quality risks are identified, controlled and communicated.
- First FSQ point of contact for specific business team and product-related technical issues
- Lead product quality and safety improvement efforts. Establish quality improvement goals.
- Monitor and identify quality and food safety improvement opportunities leveraging customer and consumer feedback – drive action plan alignment and leadership
- Champion consumer first product design and quality as manufactured throughout the product life cycle. Ensure plant is capable of consistently delivering product within specification
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in food science or a relevant technical field. (i.e. – Engineering, Biology, Microbiology, Food Science or related field)
- 5+ yrs related experience
- A strong manufacturing background and a strong knowledge of Quality and Food Safety systems
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse cross-functional team and with external resources including suppliers and external supply chain partners
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to experiment and make data-based recommendations leveraging risk assessment skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with claims, natural and organic products and/or certifications is nice to have
Location for this role is Minneapolis, MN. Please know the health and safety of our employees is always our primary concern. As the organization continues to navigate its response to the complex and evolving COVID-19 pandemic, we anticipate that the majority of us will continue to work from home. Candidates can expect to travel 25% of the time once COVID travel restrictions have lifted.