To ensure sanitary conditions at all King’s Hawaiian plants and warehouses, especially in all baking and packaging functions.
• Properly cleans equipment area or periodic work.
• Sweeps, mops and maintains the offices, restrooms and lunchrooms as well as the outside parameters
• Performs work safely using the proper methods as directed.
• Follows and maintains the warehouse sanitation program utilizing a Master Cleaning Schedule and ensures implementation of correct procedures in all King’s Hawaiian warehouses.
• Evaluates sanitation issues related to interactions of ingredients in dough mixing to ensure no sanitation standards are compromised during the mixing process.
• Works with Food Safety Supervisor to maintain plant procedures and operations guidelines, which ensure compliance with food laws and labeling requirements.
• Familiar with the use of appropriate cleaners and sanitizers for all food processing equipment and plant facilities.
• Performs daily self-inspection systems and techniques to monitor sanitation issues with all equipment.
• Inspects work prior to it being checked by Foreman.
• Must be knowledgeable with the Lock out Tag out Safety program.
• Reports all equipment problems to the foreman or supervisor immediately.
• Communicate all matters relating to safety and health in the work area and positively promote safety in our operations.
• Understand and comply with all general and specific safe job procedures that apply to your job.
• Plan and carry out job assignments without creating hazards to yourself and other employees.
• Report all unsafe acts and/or conditions or equipment immediately.
• Immediately report to your Foreman/ Supervisor/Manager all accidents and obtain first aid for all injuries no matter how minor.
• Must have flexible work schedule.
• Responsible for the Quality and Food Safety functions within designated department and as assigned by management and the Quality Department.
• Responsible for reporting all quality and food safety concerns/issues to QA.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• 1 year experience in a food manufacturing facility.
• Ability to read, write and comprehend in English.
• Ability to perform basic high school math.
Note: This position description indicates the critical features of the role as they are presently envisioned. They are subject to change at any time due to business conditions or other reasons. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.