This position is listed as a PRN position, which means it would not have a set schedule. This position would help fill in the gaps in the schedule.
Performs a variety of routine duties related to the preparation and serving of food; cleans kitchen area and cooking utensils.
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement program, and safety standards.
- Sets up patient trays, cafeteria, contracted meals and catered events in accordance with established schedule and procedures.
- Cleans the kitchen area, cooking utensils and dishes.
- Operates dishwasher to ensure all dishes and utensils are clean.
- Prepares all menu items using standardized recipes.
- Prepares coffee and urns for food service.
- Prepares, loads, transports, and cleans food carts.
- Collects, processes, and disposes of trash, cans, bottles, and similar debris and transports to kitchen disposal area.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Maintains department records, reports, and files as required.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Address patients, visitors, families and co-workers in a pleasant, respectful and courteous manner at all times.
- Respond quickly and appropriately to inquiries and requests.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient-hospital or physicians related information. Refrain from gossip and speak in low tones in appropriate areas.
- Communicate, cooperate and perform related duties with co-workers in a courteous and efficient manner to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Address co-workers according to "Commitment to Co-Workers" at all times.
- Cooperate with staff in a constructive and supportive manner.
- Demonstrate ethical conduct and practices.
High School Diploma/GED
Restaurant or Cafeteria experience preferred – Will provide on-the-job training.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.