Landmark Hospital of Southwest Florida has an exciting opportunity for part-time Food Service Assistants to join our dedicated and professional team, where we are committed to providing the highest level of customer service and quality of care to our patients.
Summary: Responsible for collecting daily menus and assisting those patients in need of guidance with completing daily menu selections. Enter menu selections into the food service software for daily tallies and production sheets. These sheets will be prepared and printed for the Chef Manager or the Chef of the day.In addition, this position is responsible for making the Clinical Dietitian(s) aware of patient non-compliance, reports of discontent, and need for education.
Part Time Shifts:
Monday-Friday - 4:00pm-10:00pm
Saturday-Sunday - 10:00am-10:00pm
- Prepares and delivers food trays to hospital patients
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking
- Places items, such as eating utensils, napkins, and condiments on trays
- Prepares food items, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, and beverages
- Places servings in blender to make foods for soft or liquid diets
- Apportions and places food servings on plates and trays according to diet list on menu card
- Examines filled tray for completeness and places on cart, dumbwaiter, or conveyor belt
- Collects and stacks dirty dishes on cart and returns cart to kitchen
- Washes dishes and cleans work area, tables, cabinets, and ovens
- Collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers
- Record amount and types of special food items served to patients
- assemble and serve food items to hospital staff in cafeteria
- Be mindful to therapeutic diets and foods avoided on these diets
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and cafeteria.
- Take menu orders from patients, alert dietitian of patient frequently choosing foods from alternate menu
- Print and organize tray tickets and diet cards
- High school diploma/GED
- Experience in an institutional kitchen preferred
- Must be able to read and speak English effectively
- Ability to read and follow standardized recipes
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling procedures
- Able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere
About us: Landmark Hospitals is a privately owned, seven hospital system with locations in Georgia, Missouri, Utah and Florida. Landmark Hospitals are licensed as acute care hospitals and certified as long-term acute care hospitals in order to specialize in providing transitional care for medically complex patients. Each of our hospitals is recognized as the regional Transitional Care Hospital of choice in their respective markets. What makes Landmark Hospitals especially unique is that the company is owned by a surgeon, so the focus on people, quality, safety, and clinical outcomes resonates throughout the company.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.