Purpose of the Job:
The overall purpose of this job is preparing patient meals with the proper foods and beverages according to the menus and production sheets. The primary responsibilities of this job include assisting in patient tray line assembly and related duties. Loads, operates, and cleans the dishwasher. Assists in the service of meals to cafeteria patrons and operates the cash register. Maintains the records, inventories, surveys, and other controls relevant to the cafeteria. Works as part of the team on proper storage, equipment operation, in all food service areas to maintain high standards of sanitation and safety requirements of the department, reporting all unsafe conditions. Supports and lives out Immanuel’s Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Dining Rooms/ Food Service
Utility/ Dish room
- High School Diploma/GED is preferred.
- Previous food service experience preferred.
- For cafeteria duties, cash handling experience preferred.
- CPR/AED is preferred at hire or will be trained within 30 days.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge and understanding of food handlers’ regulations and responsibilities.
- Skills in organizing and accurately filling multiple orders.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to carry food and containers.
- Ability to move tables and chairs.
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to verbally communicate in a professional, effective, and pleasant manner.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to participate in all safety, security and infection control programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided by the department.
- Knowledge of and demonstrates work practices consistent with Immanuel, facility and department-specific safety, security and infection control policies.
- Knowledge of and demonstrates the Immanuel CHRIST Promises in daily behaviors.
- Ability to value and embrace multicultural traditions and recognizes when there is a need for and procures translations/interpretations appropriately.
- Ability to comply with all internal and external regulations, polices and procedures. Demonstrates understanding and practice of Immanuel quality standards and HIPAA regulations. Supports facility efforts for continuous quality improvement.
- Ability to attend and follow directions from meeting, posted directives, and communication book.