HHHunt's Spring Arbor Senior Living of Richmond is actively seeking a qualified Food Service Cook. The Cook will be responsible for the preparation of desirable and healthy food for residents, employees, and guests under sanitary conditions as required by HHHunt policies and state licensure and health regulations and will assist in maintaining a positive physical and social environment for the residents.
Food Preparation and Cleaning
- Assist Food Service management to ensure food is nutritious presented in an attractive manner
- Use proper food handling/storage and sanitation practices during all preparation and cooking activities
- Communicate with staff and residents and document concerns, suggestions, or menu changes
- Assist in serving food at mealtime and clearing tables
- Ensure all utensils, dishes, equipment, work areas and floors are cleaned properly and in a timely manner and adhering to infection control, food-borne illness prevention, harmful chemical handling, sanitation, and fire and safety procedures
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to prepare palatable foods that are appetizing in appearance
- Knowledge of safety and sanitary requirements
- Ability to learn basic tasks and follow written and verbal instructions
- Pleasant, friendly, and helpful at all times ensuring proper and timely service
- Well groomed and ability to follow dress requirements
- High School degree or equivalent preferred, must be 16 years or older.
- 3 years experience in a healthcare, hospitality, or service environment preferred
- Culinary arts experience preferred
- CPR, First-Aid, Serv-Safe certifications preferred
- Ability to work in an environment conducive to caring for residents without posing a substantial safety or health threat to self or others
- Ability to work well with others and promote a team environment
While other companies just build places to live, at HHHunt we build a better way of life. HHHunt has continued to build on its successes and is now a recognized leader in real estate development throughout Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland and South Carolina creating new homes, apartment communities, senior living communities and award-winning master planned communities. It is HHHunt’s mission to improve the world and how people live by creating meaningful experiences and places of great distinction. Join our team and work with us here. You’ll love it!
HHHunt offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, great growth potential and an excellent work environment. HHHunt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.