Payette School District has the following position for the USDA Summer Lunch Program 2020:
Food Service Cook - part-time position - temporary - summer
Qualifications: School food service experience, food handlers license preferred
- Preparation and serving of attractive and nutritional meals under the strictest sanitary conditions, using health department standards, while following production sheets and recipes
- General clean-up and other duties as assigned by the kitchen manager
- Operate equipment and dishwashing machine, clean kitchen and dining room
- Complete training and/or course requirements as determined by the Food Services Director
- Moderate physical activity will be encountered, i.e., pushing, pulling, and lifting
- Difficult working positions, having to stand, walk, or sit uncomfortably for extended periods with moderate exposure to disagreeable elements such as heat, cold, fumes, noise, dust, or grease and exposure to health and occupational hazards
- Cooks are directly responsible to the Kitchen Manager, Building Principal, Director of Food Services, and the Superintendent
- Ability to follow the directions of the Kitchen Manager and follow chain of command
- Interact with other departments and frequent contact with students, the general public and staff members in a positive and friendly manner
A completed online application is required. An incomplete application will not be considered.
Payette School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Position open until filled. Pay DOE. All recommendations for hire are tentative offers. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a federal background check and drug-free workplace pre-employment screening (if required for the position). Any applicant convicted of any of the felony crimes enumerated in Section 33-1208, Idaho Code may not be hired, and any applicant convicted of any felony offense listed in Section 33-1208(2), Idaho Code shall not be hired. Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.