Quest Food Management Services is looking for a Director of Food Service to join our team!
Work for a growing company with a personal touch. Leadership is visible, approachable and shows that they care about their teams. Quest allows you to become an integral part of the local community, in an environment where you are listened to, supported and work-life balance and consistent scheduling is a priority. You are not just a number at Quest.
We provide the communities we serve with fresh, high-quality food, exceptional responsiveness and intensely personal service. We are committed to creating the most enduring relationships in the industry by what we do and how we do it, which is achieved through an unwavering commitment to our values:
- Integrity: we do the right thing at all times
- Responsiveness: we listen and respond quickly to provide the best solutions
- Accountability: we do what we say we will do and accept responsibility for the results
- Respect: we treat others better than we expect to be treated ourselves
- Excellence: we deliver the best experience possible
The Director of Food Service is responsible for leading the Quest nutrition and guest experience efforts, providing vision, leadership and strategic guidance to the company in these areas. Ensures that Quest vision, values and founding principles are effectively communicated and practiced. Manages assigned company locations and employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage staff to include selection, work allocation, training, coaching and mentoring, problem resolution, performance evaluation and feedback, and corrective action.
- Lead development of the food experience offered by Quest, including developing Quest’s food “brand” via recipes, menus, concepts, and merchandising.
- Lead development of systems and processes to ensure all food experiences are operationally and financially executable.
- Champion and advance Quest's nutritional standards in recipe, menu, and brand development.
- Provide expertise in nutrition and wellness throughout Quest, including nutrition counseling for customers, operational advice and guidance regarding dietary needs, and nutrition and allergen information sharing.
- Support Quest’s purchasing efforts to ensure product selection is aligned with food experience.
- Lead Quest’s food safety and sanitation efforts, ensuring every meal is served with the highest levels of attention to safety for our guests.
Successful candidate(s) must have demonstrated ability to understand and determine priorities, effectively manage time and develop work plans in order to accomplish tasks and/or projects. Ability to maintain professionalism and a positive attitude in the workplace along with keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills are a must.
Other Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics or Nutrition or equivalent work experience
- Successful completion of an accredited Dietetic Internship program
- Three years of experience in food service management
- Experience in developing and managing budgets
- Experience in food safety leadership within a food service or restaurant environment
- Experience in building and leading a high performing team
- Strong client relations experience
- Clinical Dietetics experience is desirable, along with experience in nutritional counseling and education
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong knowledge of the food service and hospitality industry
- Requires extensive hours at times and frequent local travel
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining state and local certification requirements (Food Service Manager)
- Comfortable and pleasant demeanor in very busy environments
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Quest Food Management Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.