The Food Service Director serves as the company’s representative and directs all dining service operations at the unit. The Food Service Director works with each client as directed in all matters relating to contract and unit operations in order to establish and maintain a solid mutually beneficial business relationship.
In addition to directing the dining service operations of the unit, the Food Service Director plans and supervises special functions, maintaining cash control and payroll records, hiring and training of associates, and maintaining customer satisfaction and good public relations.
Client and Customer Satisfaction/Relations
- Maintain client satisfaction at a level that ensures account retention.
- Ensure that all associates demonstrate an aggressive hospitality (respect) orientation toward customer and clients.
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the client contracts.
- Ensure client communications is effective in all areas.
- Follow up with customer/client/associate surveys.
- Ensure special event calendars are in place on a monthly, weekly and daily basis.
Business Growth and Marketing
- Maintain an awareness of the competition and market conditions internal and external to the unit.
- Identify and recommends new sales and revenue opportunities.
- Coordinate with the District Manager regarding client communications and the retention process.
- Promote and leverage the company’s name and resources to maximum advantage throughout the unit.
- Develop a business plan and budget for the unit with the District Manager.
- Develop financial forecasts and balances programs and resources for the unit.
- Control expenses within the unit.
- Responsible for attainment of financial goals for the unit.
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics.
- Monitor period analysis reports and initiates action plans as necessary.
- Monitor and audit the accounting and control process within the unit.
Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Demonstrate and promote the company culture, values and management philosophy.
- Promote teamwork within the unit.
- Coach and counsel associates and managers as needed, provide continuous feedback on performance and applies appropriate development tools to assist in their individual growth.
- Represent the company professionally and ethically at all times.
- Act as a positive role model.
- Recognize the need for and demonstrate good communication and listening skills with clients, customers and associates.
- Follow the principle of Managing by Wandering Around to maintain contact with clients, customers and associates.
Human Resource Management
- Responsible for compliance with all Human Resource policies and procedures by all associates within the unit.
- Direct the Human Resource planning process to ensure the unit is adequately staffed.
- Provide opportunities for advancement and other developmental experiences for successful managers and associates.
- Responsible for selection of unit associates and as required, management associates.
- Responsible for implementation of an effective Associate Relations program throughout the unit.
- Responsible for correct and fair wage and benefit administration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.