Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc.Learn more atwww.aramark.comor connect with us onFacebookandTwitter.
Aramark Healthcare is searching for a Retail Director (System Director - Retail Services) to oversee multiple retail locations for large Healthcare System in City, State. Reporting to the Resident District Manager or DM or VPO, the System Director plans, administers and directs multiple managers and their activities related to retail and catering operations, including cash management and reporting processes. Need to ensure compliance with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare, regulatory agencies and client. Leads retail staff. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified retail experience for customers. Level of impact is within own operation.
- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against Aramark Healthcare and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal merchandise quality and service.
- Drives customer satisfaction and maintains client relationships through rounding.
- Ensures compliance to sanitation, and general workplace safety standards.
- Supervises, staffs, trains, conducts applicable rounding and manages the performance of the department to include the Retail Supervisors and/or front line staff regarding retail operations, including cash handling, merchandising, product presentation, quality and cost control.
- Develops and implements retail services plan to improve service, quality and profitability of service areas.
- Utilize customer feedback to respond to customer needs and to improve retail services.
- Interacts with Client Management and maintains effective client and customer relations at all levels of client organization, including conducting rounding. Identifies Aramark service expansion opportunities.
- Provides overall direction and manages performance for the Retail Managers, Supervisors and/or front line staff, ensuring employee development, engagement and compliance with human resource related policies and standards, including conducting applicable rounding.
- Develops operational component forecasts and is able to explain variances. Responsible for component's accounting functions.
- Responsible for scheduling and managing food service activities in compliance with Aramark Healthcare food service systems, including cash handling, merchandising, food presentation, quality and cost control.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred.
- Requires multi-site Retail Food management experience. The Director will cover multiple locations including cafes, coffee shops/bistros, and convenience locations.
- Requires a minimum 6 years management experience, to include management of staff, in a large food service operation preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Requires working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and general workplace safety standards; knowledge of Health Department requirements a plus.
- Ability to supervise, staff, train and conduct applicable rounding, and manage the performance of the department staff to include front-line employees regarding retail operations, (cash handling, merchandising, food presentation, quality and cost control).
- Ability to deliver strong operational performance by executing against Aramark Healthcare and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal food quality and meal service.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service is critical to the success in this role.
- Must be proficient with MS Office applications
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers, managers and support staff.
- Position requires the ability to work with confidential employee, client and Aramark information.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran