Food Service Supervisor
Alltown Fresh is a newly launched brand expected to disrupt and forever change the traditional convenience store market. In addition to fuel for their vehicles, Alltown Fresh offers local communities healthy, fresh food choices and made-to-order meals – including organic, natural, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and locally-sourced alternatives – all in a rush-free environment where neighbors can hang out with one another. We believe people shouldn’t need to sacrifice healthy and fresh food choices for convenience. Alltown Fresh is the first convenience market in America to offer fresh food choices, as well as gas/diesel, a café, coffee, outdoor seating, groceries, craft beer (when permitted), wifi, pet relief areas, traditional snack options, phone and electric car charging stations.
Essential Job Function:
The Food Service Supervisor (FSS) is responsible for assisting the GM manage the food service and beverage operation. By utilizing the food service team, this supervisor is responsible for the efficient execution of all fresh food/ food service programs in compliance with corporate and regulatory guidelines. The FSS is responsible for maintaining a safe, sanitary and appetizing food service environment. The FSS ensures an exceptional customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises day to day task assignments and performance within the food service operation.
- Ensures great shopping experience for all customers.
- Ensures 24/7 execution of all food service programs
- Execute food service efficiencies and ensure planograms are utilized and followed.
- Oversees inventory and ordering of product and supplies, ensuring routine maintenance and upkeep of equipment and facilities.
- Assists in the training of the food service team and effectively conduct hands on training to ensure associate proficiency.
- Ensures execution of safety, security, quality and store operations policies, procedures, practices and programs.
- Work with corporate Food Service team to establish and execute on action plans and initiatives.
- Responsible to be expert on all food service marketing programs, campaigns, strategies and educates associates on food service initiatives.
- Recognize Associates and celebrate accomplishments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors repetitively throughout a shift: standing, walking, handling, reaching horizontally and grasping firmly
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors frequently throughout a shift: reaching above the shoulder, reaching below the waist, pushing buttons, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling and pushing
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to learn and utilize the store’s technology
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Leadership experience required, leadership experience in a food service environment preferred
- Availability to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays, based on business needs
- Ability to work 30 – 40 hours per week
- Experience selecting, training, performance management of staff, sales building, scheduling and managing expenses
- Serve Safe Certification
- Proven and consistently demonstrated skills in the following:
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Relationship Building
- Effective Communication
Full Time Non-ExemptWe are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.