Food Service Worker - API-API00241
Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients’ expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
The Food Service Worker positionperforms a variety of cleaning, maintenance, food preparation, stocking, and serving duties in a commercial kitchen, storeroom, dining, or serving area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve patients with food item selection on the tray line
- Communicates any problems to the cooks with the quality or quantity of food being served.
- Maintains cleanliness on the line during service.
- Restocks cold food items such as salads, deserts and fruit.
- Maintain cleanliness of the cafeteria.
- Stocks storage areas with various products.
- Responsible for stock rotation.
- Washes objects by hand or with cleaning equipment.
- Cleans dishes, utensils, pots, pans etc. and places in assigned areas in an organized and orderly manner.
- Removes garbage from assigned areas, sets up or breaks down tables, snack bars, display cases, serving lines etc.
- Assists with various periodic and scheduled cleaning projects.
- Assists patients and hospital staff as requested with general information, inquires, etc.
- May assist other employees in the food service areas or cooks to help out as needed.
- Maintains a variety of products at certain levels in preparation, serving, or storage areas including service machines.
- Regularly unloads freight and produce to and from designated storage areas, such as racks, and shelves, coolers and freezers.
- Adheres to all sanitation regulations set by Federal, State, and local municipalities.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Municipality of Anchorage Food Handlers’ Card or ServSafe contingent upon 30 days.
- Knowledge of proper food service sanitation methods and equipment.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoors, environmentally controlled.
Noise level: The noise level in the work environment is usually mild
Description of environment: This is an industrial kitchen located in a health care setting.
Physical requirements: Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift. Infrequently required to sit, crouch or crawl. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Job:Food Preparation & Service
Deadline to Fill:Sep 27, 2019