We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Performs a variety of tasks associated with the preparation, cooking and panning of food and all prep for sandwiches, salads, salad bar, for patients, cafeteria and catering. Utilizes standardized recipes and serving schedules. Controls waste and under/overproduction of foods. Cooks food to proper cooking temperatures. Follows quality and safety guidelines for food preparation and service. Familiar with modified diets. Performs a variety of cleaning tasks including detail cleaning. May be asked to do other tasks associated with food service as the need arises.
- Ability to prepare a variety of foods and follow portion control protocols.
- Ability to use a variety of institutional food production equipment.
- Ability to use a standardized recipe and alter yields correctly.
- Ability to provide leadership on a day-to-day basis (cook).
- Ability to deal with many work interruptions without becoming upset or disorganized.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to use food scale.
- Must be able to communicate verbally in English; must be able to read and write English.
- High school graduate.
- Culinary training beneficial
- Minimum of one year experience as a cook
- Knowledgeable of modified diets