Founded in 1887, Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center, the Los Angeles Center for Women’s Health, obstetrics and pediatric services, and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
- Under general supervision, the FSW is assigned to various work stations in the kitchen, patient care units, catering and cafeteria area and in compliance with hospital and regulatory agency standards.
- This position will prepare, serve and deliver food to a variety of service areas in the hospital.
- All employees are expected to perform their duties in alignment with the vision and values of the organization.
- The person doing this job is responsible for a variety of tasks that lead to a high level of customer satisfaction in the most cost effective manner.
- The employee will also assist in training other new employees in this job class.
- Previous hospital food service experience desired.
- High School Diploma desired
- Demonstrates good knowledge of English spelling and basic math functions.
- Able to read and understand English.
- Basic knowledge of modified diets.
- Basic knowledge of HACCP requirements.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Complies with all safety regulations pertaining to CHMC, as well as state regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records and information which pertains to patients, physicians, employees, the hospital and any related interest.
- Displays courtesy and consideration to patients, guests, physicians, and staff.
- Will need to be able to operate some food service equipment through training.
- Must be able to demonstrate good knowledge of all food service related equipment after training.
- Must be able to answer department telephones properly.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate procedures in a maner easily understood by fellow employees.
This position is represented by SEIU