JRI, in partnership with the Department of Youth Services, is currently looking for a full-time Food Service Team Leader. We are in need of a person to work a schedule to meet the needs of the program and ensure that the unit schedules are observed.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Authorized to work in the US
- Complete a successful CORI background check
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Professional experience with preparing, serving and storing of meals, kitchen sanitation, menu planning, and inventory ordering
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for covering shorthanded programs
- Working with the team serving, prepping, cooking, and cleaning
- Organize the team in order to achieve the task of food preparation for the salad bar for each program
- Responsible for all food requests. Items will be ordered in bulk distributed to each program
- Responsible for supervision of the JRI team
- Provide feedback on DMH food
- Work with JRI team on food presentation and preparation
- Review DMH menu and coordinate with the three programs when changes occur
- Work with DYS Facility Administrator, DYS Program Director and JRI Contract Manager when there are any issues with JRI team
- Work on catering events
- Oversee the maintenance and sanitation of the kitchens, dining rooms, and all food storage areas
- Oversee all duties essential for the efficient functioning and maintenance of a food service operation, while maintaining a safe and secure environment.
- Interacts with residents, families, co-workers and supervisors in a respectful manner; provide humane treatment and assure dignity for all residents.
- Ensure the safety and security of the kitchens, dining rooms, and food storage areas as well as all related equipment.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism by exhibiting pride and knowledge in performance.
- Follows all JRI and DYS Program Policies and Procedures
- Other related Job duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed
General Working Conditions:
- Exposure to Extreme Temperatures, slippery floors, and sharp equipment
- Work varied shifts such as weekends, holidays and nights
- Lift and carry heavy objects
- Stand for prolonged periods of time
Candidates should send resumes to:
This position includes medical, dental, 401K with company match, company sponsored pension plan, life insurance, generous personal time off package, tuition reimbursement, long and short term disability, opportunities for continued education/training and much more!
JRI is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities.