Under general supervision performs cash handling functions and serves customers in cafeteria and/or coffee shop.
- Promotes customer service and building rapport with customers in cafeteria/coffee shop.
- Sets up cafeteria/coffee shop for service.
- Stocks cafeteria/coffee shop to maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Operates cash register in cafeteria/Coffee shop.
- Checks all transactions/food orders (content and portion size).
- Maintains cleanliness of cafeteria/coffee shop.
- Performs case close out procedures always following established procedures.
- Assures timely service in cafeteria/coffee shop.
- Chops, slices, peels, food items for special order foods.
- Functions as grill cook if needed.
- Adheres to all BHS safety, sanitation, and HACCP standards.
- Assure all foods are correctly label/dated/rotated when handles and put away.
- Transports food to other areas as needed.
- Operates, cleans, sanitized dishes and necessary equipment.
- Sweeps/mops areas of the department.
Required: High School Graduate or equivalent
Required: 1 year food and/or customer service experience.
Preferred: Cashier experience
Required: Certified Food Handler based on city/state requirements.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.