Food & Nutrition Services Department
Full Time, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center, a facility of HCA Healthcare’s East Florida Division, is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care medical surgery hospital providing award-winning procedures. Leveraging the latest technologies and treatment protocols, Aventura meets both the elective and emergency healthcare needs of its neighboring communities and international visitors. Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is designated a Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of Health and is certified as a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. Aventura’s Comprehensive Community Cancer Program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and they are an American College of Radiology accredited Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is home to a community rich in diversity and infused with world class culture. A prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you will be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer!
We offer a generous benefits package, including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Match
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Reimbursement & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Scholarship Program
- Clinical Certification Support & Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- And more!
Being a part of HCA Healthcare, we provideunprecedented career opportunity including the ability to move within more than250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 21 states and theUnited Kingdom.
The Food and Nutritional Clerk under the direction of the FANS Management Team ensures all cashiering, clerical, and administrative support functions are completed timely and accurately. The position processes diet order, menus, and patient requests that are submitted. The FANS Clerk also responsible for a variety of employee related functions as a cashier, server, and short order cook. Provides the highest level of customer service at all times.
Clerical / Administrative Responsibilities:
- Prepares and corrects patient menus based on therapeutic diet and basic nutritional information.
- Tallies special food items per department procedure.
- Maintains records such as meal count sheet, patient Kardex and VIP list.
- Keep accurate telephone logs and messages.
- Ensures menus are on tray line in a timely manner.
- Processes diet changes in an organized manner so that meal service is efficient.
- Operates cash register, including collecting money, giving change, receipts and balancing for each meal.
- Prepares daily items for cafeteria, (i.e., tuna fish salad, assorted salad entrees, sandwiches).
- Handles money, when acting as cashier, according to Hospital’s Policies and Procedures.
- Fills out cash report completely and accurately after each meal.
- Cleans, sanitizes, stocks, fills the following equipment prior to meal service as needed.
- Promptly reports food shortages or potential food shortages to supervisor.
- Cleans all work areas, walls, equipment, storage areas