Scope of Responsibilities:
The Food Services Manager will oversee the daily operations of the school lunch program. This may include management of shared dining areas, food and beverage operations, and cafeteria operations.
- Management of lunch program staff
- Collaborates with the Executive Director of Operations to recruit and hire staff.
- Trains, schedules, and supervises food services staff.
- Performs annual performance evaluations of serving staff
- Lunch program profitability
- Achieve goals relating to cost-of-goods, as defined with Director of Operations
- Manage the cost of labor, as it relates to cost goals
- General profitability - and ability to contribute to the SCS budget
- Food and kitchen quality
- Grade A DHEC rating; maintaining a food-safe kitchen environment
- Healthy menus with variety - taking into account customer feedback
- Willingness to offer menu variety in an effort to constantly improve
- Ministry contribution
- Blessing employees with discounts/ complimentary meals
- Helping employees and students in financial need with food
- Customer service
- Create and maintain a customer service mindset in staff
- Addressing issues with faculty via appropriate communication channels
- Addressing parent concerns with love and patience
- Creating and maintaining comradery with SCS co-workers, especially other Operations department personnel
- Collaborates kitchen staff to plan menus, oversee food preparation, and provide cafeteria service.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director of Operations to implement operating budget; perform reasonable predictive forecasting of expected meal services based on staff, student, employee, visitor, guest, and/or other applicable headcounts.
- Gathers comments, feedback, and other data about food and service quality; prepares reports of this data for upper management.
- Ensures and/or maintains the safety and cleanliness of all food preparation, service, and work areas, tools, and facilities.
- Schedules and coordinates maintenance, repairs, and improvements to food services facilities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Be a born-again believer in Jesus Christ and be in agreement with the philosophies, Statement of Faith, and Statement of Christian Life Commitment of SCS.
- Have a commitment to the mission, philosophy, goals and objectives of Christian schooling as expressed by Southside Christian School demonstrated by their eligible children enrolled in Southside Christian School.
- Experience successfully operating a food service program is highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of food service and nutritional guidelines and best practices.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and to work collaboratively with the Administrative Team and other stakeholders to identify and facilitate needed improvements to the food service program.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software as needed to draft reports, inventory, and budgets.
- High school degree required.
- Valid SC drivers license.
- Be able to work on a tobacco-free campus for several hours.
- Prolonged periods standing on tile floors.
- Sitting at a desk and working on a computer for the lunch periods.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Able to move about the kitchen and lunchroom spaces without assistance.
- Able to bend and crouch multiple times per hour.