Food Source has been serving smart shoppers in California and Nevada for almost 20 years. We have been successful because we always offer low prices on high quality products and major brands. It's a service-oriented position, with customer satisfaction being the ultimate goal. Be a part of our team that provides prompt and friendly customer service!
The Produce Clerk/Checker position requires constant physical activity and full body mobility. Although each Produce Clerk performs various tasks, it is typical that each shift will be primarily responsible for a particular activity. These activities include restocking and rotating the "wet" racks (fresh produce); filling the "holes" in the display cases (adding product as necessary) and breaking down the load (this depends on what time the load arrives); restocking the "dry" racks and doing back room clean up. This position will also require the team member to check out groceries periodically throughout the day.
- Provides a high level of prompt and friendly customer service.
- Is typically assigned to a specific store department area, such as Food Service, Produce, General Merchandise, or Cashier.
- Provide support to the grocery, dairy, frozen and beer/wine departments.
- Receives product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy.
- Assists with receiving, unloading, stocking, filling and rotating merchandise.
- Stocks, rotates, merchandises and faces product according to department procedure.
- Maintains back-stock areas according to department standards.
- Assists in building displays; keeps shelves fully stocked and tidy.
- Gives customers direction of product location throughout the store.
- Maintains excellent communication with store management team and front end at all times.
- General housekeeping in the department and in back room.
- Assists with front end duties as needed (cashiering, bagging, cart runs, etc.)
Must be at least 18 years of age.
High school education preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to frequently lift 35 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Previous grocery or customer service is a plus.