Duties & Responsibilities:
(Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
1). Must demonstrate the ability to teach and coach young people in the fundamentals and techniques of football.
2) Must demonstrate the appropriate competitive drive to develop and maintain a strong football program.
3). Must demonstrate desire to constantly improve the program and overall sports program at North High School.
4). Must demonstrate ability to motivate student-athletes to be the best they can be on the field and in the classroom.
5). Must demonstrate ability to communicate with all stakeholders including but not limited to administration, staff, students and booster club.
6). Support the strength and conditioning coordinator to ensure proper conditioning and weight training for our student athletes.
7) Must provide adequate supervision before, during and after practices/meets.
1). Must lead by example demonstrating high character and solid moral background.
2). Must promote other programs at North High School and encourage to participate in other activities.
3). Must work with Athletic Boosters in working concession stands throughout the year.
1). Will assist and dedicated effort toward the development of football at every age level.
2). Will assist at one coach’s clinic and one youth camp per calendar year.
Must be willing to support and implement Davenport's multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS) for both behavior and academics.
Successful candidate must possess strong inter-personal skills with a proven record of building rapport with culturally diverse students to ensure each child reaches his/her full potential.
Good attendance and punctuality are necessary to ensure that the duties and responsibilities of the job are performed successfully...
Any duties as assigned by head coach, and administration.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Be able to drive school vans to events.
- Be able to lift / carry 50+lbs.
Special Qualification Desired:
(Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
- Must hold a valid Iowa Coaching Authorization or Iowa Teaching License with Coaching Endorsement
- Experience with competition/success at the state level is desired.
- Complete online application including a resume and three letters of reference.