The Default Specialist is responsible for minimizing risk exposure by working in partnership with Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, and REO vendors, in addition to Title Resolution and Closing Attorney resources to administer foreclosure cases requiring higher levels of proficiency due to complexity (analytical, technical, and business knowledge components)
- Manage and report on financial and accounting aspects of assigned portfolio, including performance and profitability, timelines of disposition, overall characteristics, status and general reporting to senior management.
- Provide useful and timely feedback to the Manager about market conditions, problem areas, legislation and any conditions which may impact established goals.
- Interface and coordinate with other departments, including Home Retention, Capital Markets, REO, Bankruptcy, Appraisal, Accounting, Legal, and Collections.
- Manage title and vesting process, including collateral issues, and work with vendors and custodians as necessary.
- Provide support to local and outside to review and comment on court documents, assist in resolution of litigation matters and attorney inquiries, and consult with counsel on escalated borrower issues received by default management.
- Coordinate and attend deposition, mediation, and trial date appearances with counsel and senior department personnel.
- Accountable for performing all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and state and federal laws.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
- Thorough knowledge of loan servicing, foreclosure, bankruptcy, REO, legal and title.
- Strong time-management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize work assignments.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Strong aptitude for assessing, understanding and quantifying risk.
- Able to adapt to change and work effectively with senior management and outside counsel.
- Must be highly proficient in Excel and Word
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
- Financial Services and, if possible, mortgage industry experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management