The general purpose of the Foreclosure Specialist position is to perform a variety of activities to maintain the foreclosure portfolio in accordance with state and federal guidelines all within prescribed timeframes. Individual is expected to protect the financial interests of the company by communicating with members, non-members, attorneys, and/or external third parties to negotiate appropriate solutions. Accounts are handled and worked in accordance with operational standards; follows the Fair Debt Collection Protection Act (FDCPA) and all local, state and federal laws pertaining to loan verification and collection.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years collections or customer service experience
- Expert knowledge of foreclosure law and terminology
- Expert knowledge of fraud and appraisal problems
- 5 years experience Home Equity and First Mortgage foreclosure management
- Knowledge of Bankruptcy practices
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple job tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Job Experience and/or education that demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Advanced knowledge of windows operating environment and
Microsoft Office tools.
- 5 years experience with National Servicer in Foreclosure Capacity on Judicial and Non-Judicial Foreclosure management
- Exposure to Regulator expectations, and audits
Works under limited supervision; Uses established procedures and significant job experience to carry out and resolve moderately complex to complex work assignments and conducts member research.
- Maintain attorney communication via phone and email
- Advises members or non-members of all available solutions
- Accountable for follow up of timely invoice payments
- Responsible for timely processing of activities & responsiveness of alerts to ensure Foreclosure Timeline Management is met
- Minimize losses through management of attorney to ensure Foreclosure process is consistently progressing.
- Manage portfolios by State(s) assigned by Foreclosure Management.
- Foreclosure Specialist Positions may include:
- Pre-foreclosure review to include file preparation and review of all vendor work
- Property Preservation: Review, submit and approve all preservation work. Complete conveyance requirement including Eviction process
- Gain/Loss reviews for 2nd liens and loans with low balances or value.
- Communicates with members, non-members and/or external third parties to collect and resolve current, delinquent, and or charged off accounts; Documents all activities on appropriate system.
- Performs skip tracing to locate customers and/or adverse parties.
- Follows and maintains knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Protection
- Act (FDCPA) and all local, state and federal laws pertaining to the collection industry.
- Ensure Timely and accurate processing of pre and post referral according to OCC state guidelines
- Manage a portfolio of files with various orders in various stages to ensure they are processed timely within SLO and within quality requirements.
- Contact the clients, HOA’s or their delegated third parties to resolve any issues preventing status being brought current including negotiations, title remediation, payment processing and research/problem resolution.
- Provide client with status updates on deadline delays or any issue that prevents the order from meeting the contractual service level agreements
- Manage vendor and client customer service requirements
- Contact client to request access and procedure information as needed
- Completes, monitors progress and insures deadlines are met for property preservation, order values, and inspections.
- Calculates and prepares reinstatement, payoff figures, and other debt information to attorneys.
- Answers calls from attorney firms and vendors.
- Monitor active foreclosures being reviewed for loss mitigation workout to prevent dual tracking
- Collaborate with third party service providers and/or foreclosure attorney network to ensure timely cancellation/postponement of foreclosure proceedings due to active loss mitigation
- Review of loss mitigation denials to determine if foreclosure proceedings can commence
- Participate in efforts to improve accuracy, operating efficiency, and expense reduction within the department
If interested, please contact Valeria at email@example.com with an attached updated resume.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178