Starlite Building Services is a construction services operation that serves clients throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, New York City, and Los Angeles. We can help with defining scopes, budgeting, and site logistics. Our team is made up of hundreds of talented and dedicated craft workers providing valuable assistance with project scope, budgeting, scheduling, site logistics, and materials.
Join our team to bring exceptional building experience via assurance, control, efficiency, cost and time savings, quality, and—of course—safety.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures that all self-perform carpentry/field trade projects are set up properly.
- Develops, implements and maintains standards for all field trade activities, consistent with Starlite standards.
- Reviews the project schedule with the crew to ensure that they are maintaining an updated and accurate project schedule that reflects the changes in project status and that meets the cost and time requirements of the project.
- Oversees field operations for multiple projects ensuring that the project strategy and contract documents are executed. This includes ensuring that work is installed per plans/spec with quality and integrity, while maintaining the manpower budget
- Prepares and maintains weekly schedule and manages long-term forecast for the crew.
- Ensures that the quality of the work and the performance of the crew meet Starlite’s standards for world-class customer service.
- Establishes protocol for responding to emergencies and ensures emergency plans are clearly communicated. Responds to emergencies immediately after being notified.
- Manages proper staffing based on project and client details.
- Continually checks in with the crew to review critical lead time/procurement items and labor expenditures.
- Is a Safety Leader within the Starlite Group and industry. Maintains this role with an aggressive and absolute commitment to putting the safety and well being of field staff above all other business considerations.
- Establishes clear job specific goals and expectations for the staff that is assigned to the projects managed
- Provides regular, timely and meaningful feedback to assigned staff about their performance on the job. This includes positive feedback about work well done and corrective feedback about ineffective work practices and behaviors.
Education: High School diploma, GED or equivalent certification
Experience: 8+ years in Trades or Construction Industry. Experience supervising large group of skilled trades people is a must.
Shawmut prohibits discrimination against any staff member or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, disability, creed, citizenship status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Compensation and benefits may vary based on candidate union membership or lack thereof.