Foreman - Heavy Civil
Location San Antonio, TX
Manage and assist skilled craft workers in performing their assigned duties under close supervision. Provide supervision as necessary for crews constructing highway barriers, utilizing slipform paving and concrete paving/finishing.
Regular Job Duties
- Lift, carry, and manually transport construction materials, tools, and supplies
- Clean tools, equipment, materials, and the work area
- Mix and spread concrete, asphalt, gravel, and other materials using hand tools
- Join, wrap, and seal sections of pipe
- Perform a variety of routine non-machine tasks such as removing forms, filling excavations, placing pipe sections in trench, and assembling sections of pipe
- Perform a variety of machine tasks such as tapping soil, jack hammering, and assisting in the fusing of pipe
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Other unlisted duties will be assigned
- At least five years of construction experience, including experience with Slipform paving, concrete paving, or concrete finishing experience.
- At least five years of professional experience as a lead, foreman, or supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred but not required
- Ability to communicate in English via verbal and written communications
- Move throughout a construction jobsite which includes minor obstacles including climbing ladders and inclines, operating heavy equipment, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Heavy physical activity performing strenuous day activities of a primarily productive/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Work outdoors with exposure to changing weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow, and wind
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.