SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. We just celebrated our 50th anniversary as a company on April 1, 2020! Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields redevelopment , site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place for you. Are you up for the challenge?
Under general supervision, serves as lead person for field crew implementation of special assignments or sub-tasks related to the construction of landfill gas collection or other environmental pollution control systems. Relocation assistance available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpret project plans and specifications
- Oversees portions of larger construction projects including pipe fusion/installation, extraction well drilling and installation, construction of blower/flare station components, installation of pumps, sumps, etc.
- Assists in drilling operations. Assists in completing wells during drilling projects by lifting and carrying materials such as bentonite and gravel and placing or shoveling the materials into the drilled gas well
- Enters excavations to fuse pipe, install gas system piping, and install leachate or condensate piping
- Enters manholes, sumps, or other confined spaces to assist in the installation of new gas system or leachate/condensate system piping
- Assists in the repairs of leachate and condensate lines by cutting piping and/or removing or draining leachate or condensate liquids
- Operates power saws and drills to connect and cut piping and wellheads, and to cut slots into new or existing gas system piping
- Applies glues and primer to gas and leachate system piping to repair or connect piping
- Operates heavy machinery such as rough terrain forklifts, excavators and backhoes to excavate and move landfill waste and soil for installation of gas system and leachate piping
- Receives materials, maintains material inventory, prepares receiving reports, and reviews time cards and expense reports for assigned crew
- Implements health and safety requirements and generates supporting documentation. Participates in the SAFE process by making observations and providing employee feedback
- Maintains daily logs of project progress
- Tracks and maintains construction equipment and tools
- Calls off rental equipment when no longer needed Review site checklists. Inform Project Manager of any major changes or concerns, and address the items
- Participates in monthly tailgate Health and Safety meeting. Participates in monthly Health and Safety (SOP) training
- Prepares daily logs and reports for work performed on sites during workday
- Actively participate in the SAFE process by making observations, review and assist in the development of the project health and safety plans including the associated Job Task Safety Analyses
- Minimum of 2 years of landfill gas construction preferred or 2 years of related construction experience required
- Prior successful oversight of projects as a Foreman, Senior Technician, or Operator
- Comprehensive knowledge of excavation or pipe installation practices
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications
- Valid driver's license with driving record in good standing required
- 40 hour Health & Safety, 8 hour Supervisor, OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120, Confined Space Entry, and Trenching Excavation Safety training preferred
- Meet physical requirements for driving (pick-up truck), lifting and carrying equipment/mechanical components (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), hand excavation/digging (using shovels/picks), carrying and climbing ladders, operating and working from man lifts, operating electric tools, (drills, saws, etc.), using hand tools, (screwdrivers, wrenches, hammers, etc.), and providing services under various weather conditions
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, Student Debt Employer Contribution Program, paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at email@example.com.