Do your team members see you as a role model and leader? Do you want to work for a company where your work matters? Do you enjoy traveling and being able to work on different job sites? If so, we want you on our team!
Foremen at Centrica Business Solutions are responsible for the onsite installation to be successful for their assigned project for both solar and lighting installation. You are a team leader and expected to lead, train and support your team to know what they need to be doing daily, train them to know how to perform the work and support them to be successful. You are also responsible for providing project status update to the project manager and the site superintendent.
Our Foreman contributions to the team include:
- Promote a safety culture and in compliance with OSHA and Cal OSHA guidelines
- Provide overall project status update on a weekly basis to the Site Superintendent and the Project Manager
- Maintain a clean and prepared jobsite and eliminate all possible hazards
- Perform a variety of tasks involving the use of hand tools, power tools and equipment used to retrofit, replace, and repair lighting fixtures
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects demands simultaneously
- Install various LED lighting types including, but not limited to high-bays, wall-packs, troffers, post tops, streetlights, strip kits, retrofit kits, and other specialized architectural style fixtures
- Proper use of meters, circuit tracers, and other diagnostic tools to perform troubleshooting activities for energized electrical work
- Perform quality control checks on materials during check-in, installation and post-construction activities
- Conduct Solar installation of modules, racking, DC wiring of 1000V - 1500V DC
- Assist with loading and unloading of trucks/vans and staging material
- Submit daily field reports, conduct site safety inspections of work areas and equipment’s prior to each shift
- Assist in training new and current employees
The core components of success are (i.e. must haves):
- A High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- 3+ years of solar and lighting construction experience
- NFPA 70E Certified
- An ability to travel and work varying shifts as needed to include nights, holidays, weekends and overtime. Most projects are only a few weeks in duration and will allow for return home over the weekends.
- Active Driver’s License
- California Electrical Journeyman license
The following are a definite plus, so if you’ve got it be sure to tell us!
- Electrical Trade school or technical training (highly preferred)
- Cal OSHA 10 or OSHA 30
- NABCEP Certification
- Experience with energy conservation lighting and solar projects
- Mechanical experience and/or aptitude
Come join a company that is committed to going further to understand what is needed and engineer what is possible.
WHAT we do and WHY we do it?
Centrica Business Solutions is a nationwide, fast-growing company that maximizes the value of infrastructures by optimizing energy and building systems. We design and build energy efficiency upgrade projects that help our customers achieve financial savings, energy reductions and an enhanced environment that fosters productivity, comfort and safety.
We are driven and passionate about partnering with our customers and providing expertise to create more efficient and optimized environments for their employees, students, teachers and communities to thrive in. We strive to be better, do better and achieve better results for our customers. Our teams of experts don’t follow trends. We set them. We embrace change. We challenge the norm. We make promises - and we keep them. We earn our customers' business by creating value for them, showing genuine concern and understanding of their needs, building deep relationships, and ensuring they are happy. Our customers see and feel our constant care for every project.
Our Benefits and Perks …
At Centrica Business Solutions, we ensure you are supported and valued. To help do this, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Some of our benefits & perks include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- HSA, with company match
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), with company match
- Life Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Group Wellness Activities
- Employee Training and Development Opportunities
- Casual attire with professional and fun work environments
- Fungineering (We Engineer the Fun!)
In true Centrica Business Solutions fashion, we are continually reviewing and re-imagining what we can offer to meet our employee’s needs.
Together we have fun. Together we grow. Together we get better. It’s not just what we do. It’s who we are!
Centrica Business Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices