Our people are the heart of our business. As the world’s largest provider of thermal processing services, Bodycote employs thousands of highly skilled staff around the globe, some of the best engineers, scientists and technicians in the industry. Our staff are encouraged to develop their skills through professional career development and our in-house training resources.
At Bodycote what we do matters and as a member of our team, what you do matters too. Are you seeking a leadership role? Do you have a knack for training and demonstrating to others the department goals on your shift? As the foreman you will work alongside, train and lead other employees in a heavy industrial plant environment processing metal components for manufactures in the aerospace, automotive, general industrial or oil & gas industries. In addition you will:
- Lead and assign work activities of employees in assigned work areas
- Train and lead the activities of production employees, maintaining effective communication of customer needs/requirements and company goals
- Keep close track of work in progress and regularly confer with other foremen, supervisors and management staff
- Independently operate, control and monitor heat treating equipment as needed/required
- Promote and sets examples for safety and good housekeeping practices
- Must work in a manner consistent with the EMS
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Education – High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum six years’ experience in heat treating industry
- Must be able to effectively oversee heat treaters and/or other employees as designated using leadership qualities such as the ability to listen, be observant, patient, objective and responsive
- Must have advanced knowledge of heat treating, testing, commercial/aircraft/aerospace materials
- May be required to work overtime or any shift, including weekends.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain forklift operator certification.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and communicate the English language.
- Knowledge and hands on experience of computer applications including Microsoft Office and databases is required.
This position requires the following physical and mental demands consisting of, but not limited to the following:
- Must be able to work in a sitting position for extended periods of time (at desk, while driving, and/or on airplane travel) in an office/industrial environment
- Manual dexterity to perform data entry functions
- Ability to bend, pull, stoop, climb, twist and reach to perform functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- May be exposed to heat, fumes, noise, and humidity, etc.
- Must have the cognitive and mental capacity to perform essential job functions
- Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, files, etc.
- Ability to hear in person and via phone.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bodycote is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against current and prospective employees based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.