The Center for Human Identification was created in 2004, formally integrating the efforts of the Laboratory of Forensic Anthropology and the Laboratory for Molecular Identification. In addition to providing investigators with important information regarding cases, the anthropological data are used to refine molecular analyses within the CODIS system. This collaboration has created a unique resource for the identification of missing persons and unidentified remains, and is available to law enforcement agencies and medicolegal entities charged with the investigation of death across the nation. Additional support is also available to agencies through the Center's Forensic Services Unit.
The Center for Human Identification Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Forensic Analyst Technical Leader to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for the technical operations of the DNA laboratory with authority to stop or suspend laboratory operations.
- Evaluates and approves all validations, methods, and procedures used by the laboratory.
- Proposes new or modified analytical procedures and provides technical problem solving as technical issues arise.
- Designs and approves required validation studies and performance checks for new or modified analytical procedures and instruments.
- Provides oversight and approval of training, quality assurance, safety, continuing education and proficiency testing programs.
- Reviews and approves qualifications of new analysts, including developing, assessing and approving competency measures.
- May function as a qualified analyst and perform casework to include processing and analysis of evidence, technical reviews, and administrative reviews.
- Provides expert witness testimony as needed.
- Supervises Forensic DNA analysts, technologists and the daily operations of the laboratory.
- Directs casework flow through assignments of tasks and casework.
- Monitors performance metrics.
- Reviews internal and external audits.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Requisition Number: 6263
Job Title: Forensic Analyst Technical Leader Forensic Analyst Tech Leader
Quick Link: www.unthscjobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=62026
Pay Basis: Monthly
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Types Accepted: Main Form
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?: Yes
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?: Yes
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?: Yes
Security Sensitive?: Yes
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?: No
Require a certification?: No
Official Job Title: Forensic Analyst Tech Leader
Job Open Date: 07-22-2019
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
Job Category: Professions
Department: Center for Human ID - 304600