Nelson Forensics, LLC is a progressive, multi-disciplined consulting firm, dedicated to providing world-class responsiveness and expert solutions to a complex array of forensic problems. Nelson Forensics has built a rock-solid reputation for providing detailed and fact-based investigations for property owners, for the insurance industry, and in the legal arena. Nelson Forensics' highly skilled investigators assess the cause and extent of damage from perils such as hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, explosions, fires, windstorms, hail, structural failures, design defects, and construction defects. Nelson Forensics continues to grow as a national firm and is actively seeking exceptional talent to add to its team of experts.
For detailed information regarding Nelson Forensics, visit www.nelsonforensics.com .
Nelson Forensics' Mission:
- We provide exceptional responsiveness to our clients;
- We provide trusted, ethical, qualified, and properly licensed professionals for each assignment;
- We deliver fact-based, defensible answers to our clients' questions based upon thorough application of the scientific method;
- We deliver credible, dependable, and defensible results in a timely manner.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay and benefits and a flexible, yet professional, work environment. We value our employees, encourage teamwork and continuous professional development, and reward exceptional service.
Nelson Forensics is seeking to add qualified, confident, personable, and communicative Civil/Structural Engineers to its team of experts.
The qualified candidate will conduct forensic investigations in accordance with the scientific method, utilizing detailed field investigation techniques and command of core engineering principles. The position affords the candidate experience with a wide breadth of project types, varying in size, duration, and complexity; while providing the opportunity to develop depth in personally desired areas of expertise.
Candidates must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Conduct investigations to determine the cause and origin of structural collapses, failures, damages, and defects for residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial structures due to a wide range of perils;
- Prepare scopes for remediation and/or design documents for repair and/or strengthening of existing structures;
- Prepare clear, concise, cohesive, accurate, and defensible reports;
- Communicate regularly and directly with a variety of clients;
- Manage concurrent projects with varying sizes, scopes, client types, and durations;
- Provide deposition, mediation, arbitration and/or trial testimony.
- Strong command of fundamental structural engineering principles;
- Strong analytical skills and the desire and ability to tackle complex problems;
- Working knowledge of building codes and ability to conduct independent research of codes, standards, and other technical references;
- The ability to clearly communicate engineering principles, verbally and in writing, to audiences with varying technical proficiency;
- Desire and ability to multi-task;
- Prompt responsiveness to inquiries from peers and clients, sometimes outside of normal working hours;
- Flexibility with respect to work schedule and travel. Travel is a requirement of the position, occasionally with little advance notice;
- Desire to continually develop and refine technical knowledge through targeted continuing education.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering required;
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in civil or structural engineering a plus;
- Five to ten years of structural design experience preferred; candidates with less will be considered;
- Active Professional Engineering (P.E.) license acquired by examination is required;
- NCEES record desired;
- Completion of the 16 hour NCEES Structural exam a plus.
Forensic Electrical Engineer