VERTEX is regarded as one of the premier engineering, construction, environmental and IT companies serving many top insurance companies, real estate owners, contractors, banks, real estate investors and attorneys across the country. VERTEX has 25 offices worldwide and a dedicated staff of over 450 engineers, architects, environmental, and construction professionals. VERTEX offers comprehensive solutions for construction and environmental exposures. With 55,000 projects completed since inception, our experience speaks for itself.
In late 2013, VERTEX implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). VERTEX’s employee-owners help our clients identify and mitigate risks to a project’s physical, environmental and economic well-being; it drives every decision we make. We offer highly personalized and customized service to address highly specialized challenges. By applying technical and scientific skills to our clients’ real business challenges, VERTEX creates integrated solutions that minimize risks while achieving the required results.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
The Forensic Engineer we are looking for will be a Licensed Professional Engineer (civil or structural), responsible for overseeing a wide variety of tasks, including but not limited to field inspections and written reports for residential and commercial property damage claims and forensic investigations involving construction defect claims. More specific details are described below.
- Provide investigation and review for multiple projects; provide detailed investigative reports and findings to senior management and clients, primarily law firms and insurance companies. Client satisfaction is essential.
- Effective management of all assigned tasks; meeting budget and delivery time frames; ensuring client satisfaction.
- Ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Single day and occasional overnight travel to assignments in region one to three days per week and provide multiple day support to other regions in the event of a natural disaster.
- Developing technical specialization and expertise that benefits the company and broadens our service offerings.
- Professional development, continuing education, and advancement of credentials. Individuals should have independent initiatives as well as company – sponsored development goals.
- Participating in business development ventures and presentations, including regular contact with existing and prospective clients in the region.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
- Other tasks as assigned by Senior Management.
- Proficient with building envelope requirements for commercial and residential building structures.
- Previous experience in the design of residential structures or experience with residential property damage claim investigations.
- Previous experience in supporting litigation matters.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Civil Engineering (with emphasis in structures).
Advanced degree preferred.
Prefer a minimum of five to seven years’ experience in design and construction related activities of residential and commercial structures or design and inspection of residential and commercial structures
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong knowledge of the residential (IRC), commercial (IBC) and existing (IEBC) I-codes.
- Understanding of residential wood framing.
- Understanding of building envelope requirements.
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Professional Registration (PE in TX or ability to obtain within 6 months) required.
- MathCAD not required but beneficial.
- Able to carry and operate a 24-foot extension ladder unassisted.
- Able to walk on sloped roofs.
- Able to work in small spaces (attics, crawl spaces).
VERTEX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V. 11